Our range of architectural, marine, and protective coatings and systems use the latest technology incubated in our labs.
Our R & T has four main pillars of focus :
Our team of researchers and technicians work to constantly improve the performance of our products on a variety of parameters – to make them more durable, more adhesive, more washable, more resistant to weathering and corrosion etc.
Our approach to aesthetics is two-fold. We strive to create the best and most extensive colour profile and matchless finishes. We also study fashion, trends and colour forecasts in order to tweak our product range.
Berger Paints is committed to reviewing and re-engineering formulations and manufacturing processes continuously, in order to address environmental concerns.
Our products are formulated and extensively tested to better the standards laid down by regulating bodies such as ASTM, Singapore Standards (SS), DNV, Lyods Register etc.
Our range of interior products has the lowest VOCs in their class. We are pioneers in water-based technology offering a variety of water based alternatives to conventionally solvent based systems. These include water based enamels, epoxies, polyurethanes and road marking paints. Our products are non-toxic. They are free from heavy metals, lead and formaldehyde.
FACILITIES FOR CHANGE
We have dedicated R & T laboratories for different functions. These include laboratories for paint development and testing for architectural and industrial applications, microbiology laboratories, modern instrumentation laboratory, and a resin and functional polymer development laboratory. The highlights of the Singapore unit are a quality assessment lab, development lab, daylight cabinet for colour matching, and a scrub resistance tester.
A TEAM OF BRIGHT MINDS
Our state-of-the-art equipment is matched by the spark of human inspiration that has led to innovations and breakthroughs. We welcome the best talent and give our folks an atmosphere of enquiry and openness to thrive in. Regular innovation sessions are held to generate ideas which are then vetted for feasibility and actioned.
Our scientists provide product development support for short-term business goals. They also work on long-term projects with an emphasis on developing improved chemistry platforms that make for better product functionality.
COMMITTED TO THE FUTURE
To create excellence, we have invested substantially in R & T resources and infrastructure. In the years ahead, it will continue to hold the key to our performance.
Berger Paints’ vision is to be a world-class Research & Technology led organisation. Driven by innovation, Berger Paints is agile and responsive to changing customer and market needs, as well as evolving technology. Through R & T, we will align ourselves with future customer needs and drive expansion. Continuous R & T will enable us to grow bigger in size and better in quality.
The values that guide us on our journey are:
OUR OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH POLICY
- We shall perform our work activities in a safe manner while aiming for zero incidents.
- We shall evaluate every new work activity for its hazards and it will be subjected to occupational risk assessment and risk levels will be identified.
- Our laboratories shall provide the infrastructure and environment conducive to development work that needs to be carried out in a safe manner, free of health risks.
- We will provide arrangements that are adequate for employees’ welfare at work.
- We understand the importance of the health and safety of each and every employee, including contract employees and visitors, and we shall treat it as the most important priority, implementing measures to ensure zero injury incidents.
- We shall ensure the applicable legal and statutory requirements from external agencies and other requirements are studied, understood and communicated to employees for implementation and compliance.
- We shall review and implement work practices that will accomplish continuous improvements in occupational health and safety.
- We shall ensure that every employee of the technology team will be trained to comprehend the safety policy and OH&S obligations. We will also keep ourselves updated on any changes to Occupational Health and Safety procedures, requirements etc.
- We shall constitute and implement the appropriate communication system to contract workmen, and visitors to the extent that it is necessary for them to understand and comply with the safety requirements.
- We shall review our policy and continually improve it to achieve our goal of a safe and healthy workplace.